A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
At Mozilla, we believe that the web should be responsive, pages should load quickly, and resources should be used thoughtfully. The performance program is dedicated to building performance for every experience, growing a culture of performance, and to bring a balance between what is good for the users of the web and what is good for the builders of the web.
As a software engineer in performance testing you will be helping to redefine experimental, manual, and error-prone processes for gathering key performance metrics into robust automated solutions. You will work closely with performance specialists to identify the most valuable measurements and the most suitable environments in which to evaluate them. In this position you will collaborate with the entire team in the design of automation solutions, and contribute to an inclusive mentoring environment for junior team members.
What You'll Get To Do
- Help to identify gaps in test coverage.
- Develop new performance tests.
- Resolve issues reported against performance test frameworks.
- Enable and adjust testing schedules for performance tests in CI.
- Contribute to team planning sessions.
- Attend regular triage sessions for bugs related to performance test automation.
- Maintain documentation for performance test automation frameworks and tests.
- Execute local tests and report results as needed.
- Provide support for the performance test infrastructure.
What You Bring
- 3+ years software development or programming experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Intermediate experience with Python.
- Good understanding of web technologies.
- Familiar with low-level aspects of performance, debugging, and profiling.
Bonus points for
- Experience building and maintaining test harnesses.
- Experience measuring system resources such as CPU, processes, and memory.
- Understanding of the mobile ecosystem.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.