A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are seeking to hire an amazing Director of People Operations to lead a team of 6 talented professionals and define our People Operations strategy and operating model. The right candidate is an experienced and hands-on leader with expertise in operations and designing and implementing systems and processes that scale. You are passionate about building thoughtful, streamlined, global employee lifecycle processes and have a clear vision of how to best utilize technology to support these processes. You love to craft simple solutions for complex problems. You believe in the guiding principles of quality, consistency and empathy to drive your everyday work and projects, strengthening the Mozilla People Team’s partnership with the organization’s leaders and employees.
What You'll Get To Do
- Own and optimize People team processes and core services to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Launch an HR data and analytics platform to enable robust reporting, analytics and business insights.
- Own and drive the People Technology Roadmap to ensure our platforms (Workday, Greenhouse, Culture Amp) are utilized to their fullest potential
- Coach, mentor and develop a team of talented People Ops, HRIS Analysts and Program Managers
- Partner with members of the People leadership team to drive impactful People initiatives that grow the business and extend our strong culture
- Build strong and effective cross functional relationships with Legal, Finance, Payroll and IT to ensure business processes are optimized
- Continually evaluate Mozilla’s People Technology Platforms (Workday, Greenhouse, Culture Amp), make recommendations on how to utilize these platforms to their fullest potential and deploy systems enhancements
- Conduct regular audits of system security, access, permissions, and approvals
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with vendors to set clear scope of work that is delivered timely and within budget
- Continually revisit and enhance our people processes to drive speed, automation and simplicity.
What You Bring
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience
- 4+ years of leading Workday deployments and system enhancements
- Demonstrated success in leading People Ops functions
- A strong understanding of HR fundamentals and compliance
- Excellent project management skills in defining scope, schedules, and resources to ensure consistent quality
- Effectively communicate business requirements into technical scope and vice versa
- Ability to create and successfully execute on People Technology Roadmap
- Ability to work efficiently and optimally in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Ability to handle highly sensitive & confidential data with integrity
- Successfully work in an inclusive manner with distributed teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
Bonus points for...
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Workday Pro certification
- Program/Project Management experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.