Mozilla is looking to fill a Senior Project Manager position to work with the Mozilla IT & Engineering Operations team to lead all project stages for multiple, large-scale, cross-functional projects. This role will be responsible to coordinate multiple projects across multiple locations, build and run cross-functional project teams to ensure that project results are met. This includes leading project teams, establishing/maintaining project timelines and budgets, being responsible for the completion of deliverables and prioritizing actions. The Senior Project Manager will be an individual contributor and will report directly to the Sr. Director of IT & Engineering Operations.
As a Senior Project Manager at Mozilla, you will...
- Create and define project scope and objectives
- Develop and handle a detailed project timeline and work plan
- Coordinate and prioritize resources across projects, managing links between the projects, costs and risks
- Ensure there are regular reviews, accountability and management of projects
- Resolve any blockers in projects or initiatives underway that are impeding success
- Investigate and evaluate opportunities to improve work flows and delivery models to increase efficiency and delivery velocity
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to project teams as well as various partners
Your Professional Profile
- 6+ years of project management experience in an IT/Operations environment
- Proven ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to juggle many activities without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data
- Strong communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Results and detail oriented, ambitious and self-assertive
- Experience with software development and requirements gathering techniques such as Agile (Scrum, AUP, etc) and Waterfall
- Knowledge and experience using Project Management tools
- Experience working with a geographically-dispersed workforce through the use of video conferencing and Internet chat communications tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.