As a DevOps Manager of Data Infrastructure you'll be responsible for managing the data infrastructure for all of Mozilla. You will work closely with Mozilla's Data Organization, which includes Data Engineering and Data Science teams, to develop and deliver a data platform to support Mozilla's data driven culture. Creative problem-solving skills and an innovative demeanor will be key to success.
As the DevOps Manager you will...
- Empower a hardworking team of DevOps engineers to grow in their roles and align the team’s work with Mozilla’s needs.
- Own the infrastructure for the data platform, data tools, and integrations.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt.
- Drive improvements from operations back into development and vice versa.
- Measure, maintain, and report appropriate metrics across products to internal and external partners.
Your Professional Profile
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years DevOps/SRE experience, 2+ years DevOps/SRE leadership experience.
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively against multiple levels of management and technical expertise.
- Solid experience in cloud environments, specifically AWS or GCP.
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL and/or non-relational).
- Experience with ETL, data modeling, cloud-based data storage and processing, including GCP Data Services (Dataflow, BigQuery, Dataproc).
- Experience in workflow and data pipeline orchestration (Airflow, Oozie, Jenkins etc.)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.