Are you passionate about Mozilla and the Internet? Do you want to ship software to a massive user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world? Do you want the Internet to be more secure by bringing state of the art features to everyone?
What You'll Do
Core Product Organization Privacy & Security engineers are a vanguard for users' security & privacy on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle that individuals' security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
Privacy & Security Engineers create and maintain comprehensive systems like Mozilla VPN which includes backend services, web front-ends, and client-side apps. We work with Product, UX, and other engineering teams, as well as QA, Ops, and Legal teams across Mozilla.
- Collaborate with Product, UX, QA, and Ops teams to build and maintain comprehensive privacy & security products.
- Develop cutting edge cross-platform VPN privacy and security products.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related program) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in leading, architecting, designing and debugging complex networking features on Windows
- Open to writing cross platform applications
- Build Windows desktop applications used to craft rich, interactive, and engaging user experiences.
- Design, code, and test new features, making marked contributions to the application and process.
- Propose, develop, and deliver new features and functionality through software improvements in a small, high performing team and continually optimize the usability, reliability, and performance for Windows.
- Plan and build features, providing support to address customer issues and optimize performance.
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and tracking defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
- Responsible for validating user expectations and implementing various types of testing to validate. Collaborate with other developers to write the best code for assigned projects that meet the needs of customers.
Bonus Points For
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Experience working with Privacy, Security, and Networking products.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.