Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position. We are also open to Berlin, Germany.
Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to help us grow the much loved Firefox and Focus browsers for an extensive Android audience? We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to help make this happen.
As a Staff Mobile Engineer at Mozilla, you will:
- Design, write, maintain, and debug software for large and sophisticated mobile applications
- Care about a healthy team dynamic, and value mentorship as ways to grow a cohesive and strong team
- Exemplify standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, crafting tests, profiling code, and mentoring others
- Become proficient with our code base and technology stack
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
Your Professional Profile
- You have experience building and shipping native Android mobile applications
- You have strong coding skills in Java or Kotlin.
- You are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge with others
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to speak to candidates who also have experience with or want to learn more about: open source, the web, identity, privacy, and protecting users.
If you have different mobile experiences and skills from the ones listed above but have something else to contribute, please contact us.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.