Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness through products that drive innovation in technology and ensure the continued prosperity of the Internet.
We are looking for a Product Operations Manager to join our Products team focused on developing and delivering our privacy-focused mobile applications. You will be part of a balanced team consisting of product, engineering, marketing, UX, research, and data tasked with Firefox’ product future, used by hundreds of millions of people and thousands of developers globally. Do you have a blend of business and technical savvy, the ability to maintain a big-picture vision, and the drive to make vision reality?
Working across our iOS and Android product lines. In this key role, you will:
- Guide scrum/development teams as the Mobile Portfolio Product Owner
- Plan and prioritize feature backlogs for each product line and across our mobile portfolio
- Develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide iteration planning and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with our Android and iOS product managers to build and maintain a product backlog according to business goals and key results
- Lead planning product release programs and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities in close collaboration with Program Management
- Foster release coordination with cross-functional teams including support and localization
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Provide input into vision, roadmap, and strategy
- Help explore and assess growth opportunities and differentiators
As a Product Operations Manager you would be encouraged to:
- Take new features through planning & development
- Collaborate on PRDs with other Product Managers
- Become a product expert on mobile browsing
- Drive effective bug management
- Own triage of community submitted feature requests
- Manage community contributions, and suggestions
- Collaborate with supporting teams on dependencies (e.g. GeckoView, Application Services, Performance, Web Compatibility)
What We Need in You:
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Ability to prioritize product capabilities/features based on vision, business goals, technology, schedules, and budgets
- Ability to work both independently and lead/influence cross-functional teams and champion change when needed
- Detective-like problem-solving skills – thoroughly investigate the situation and then use data and experience to craft the right solution
- Ability to flex between the technical and business sides of your brain
- Steadfast dedication to prioritization
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work with distributed teams, across timezones
- Passion for users and great user experience
- 4+ years demonstrated ability working with technical teams, product development, and/or product management
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.