Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
As the Director of DevOps, you will be responsible for the cloud infrastructure behind all of Mozilla’s services which includes both the enterprise and Firefox backend services and delivery systems. You will collaborate with senior leadership and the product engineering teams to provide technical strategy and vision for Mozilla’s cloud infrastructure. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very multifaceted and geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills and a risk-taking demeanor will be key to success.
What you will do:
- Lead several SRE teams responsible for cloud infrastructure for both the enterprise and product delivery
- Create and maintain a unified strategy for governance, automation, implementation and operations
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt
- Partner with security and development to drive improvements across all areas
- Identify, measure, maintain, and report appropriate metrics across products to internal and external partners
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years of leading SRE teams
- 5+ years of web service architecture and delivery experience
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure management experience (AWS or GCP)
- Solid grasp of agile and lean development and management processes
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively to multiple levels of technical and management expertise
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.