A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a hardworking Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting. Reporting to the Global Controller, you will be responsible for technical accounting, financial reporting, and the design and maintenance of adequate systems and controls. This person will be instrumental in implementing accounting policies and procedures, identifying audit risk areas, creating accounting schedules and helping the Company scale through automation.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team.
As Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting at Mozilla you will…
- Lead monthly financial and management results and analysis to Finance leadership.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental transactions, including analysis, relevant literature and conclusion.
- Actively identifying and implementing process and system enhancements with the goal to decrease closing days while also improving team efficiency, internal controls and scalability
- Preparation of financial statements, including supporting disclosures, and coordination of audits
- Establishing and maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Provide ongoing technical accounting training to the finance organization
- Provide Finance system training, development and ongoing maintenance
- Assist with ad-hoc financial information requests from Finance Leadership and other departments
Your Professional Profile…
- BS Accounting or related degree
- CPA required
- 7-10 years of experience
- Big 4 Audit Experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Multicurrency experience, inter-company transactions and consolidations experience
- Proven track record in making improvements in all areas of accounting practices & policies
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings
- Extensive experience working in Finance Systems e.g. Sage Intacct, Concur Payments, etc.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.