Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity as key to the continued health of the Internet. We make browsers, apps, code and tools that put people before profit. Are you passionate about mobile and web applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to help us evolve the innovative Firefox VPN (https://fpn.firefox.com/vpn) product for a massive Android/iOS/Windows audience? We are looking for a QA Engineer to help make this happen.
As a QA engineer (6-month contract) at Mozilla, you will…
- Define test flow and test cases on Windows 10 application testing according to UI/UX spec.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Hands-on ability on root cause identification, repeated tasks automation and building test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Collaborate with developers to improve workflow and build a comprehensive picture of test coverage, release velocity and production health.
Your Professional Profile
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows environments and a basic understanding of OSI Model.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Having experience in networking / VPN application would be a plus.
- Coding experience in C#, .NET framework or Go would be a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.