A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is seeking a contract support technician to be based in our Berlin office. Our business-savvy IT organization needs a hardworking advocate for enabling our users to always be productive and driving the Mozilla mission. You will surprise and delight our internal users by ensuring the best technology is available to them both individually and collectively! Mozilla is looking for you to chip into a close-knit virtual service desk, supporting neighboring offices and sharing a dynamic workload, while offering rare abilities to the Service Desk team. You will maintain a positive attitude and the aim to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment.
You will respond well to written and verbal directions, retains ownership of incidents and problems, and provides continuous feedback to customers and IT partners. This entails working with the End-User Services team, Network Operations team, Audio Visual Collaboration team, and the Workplace Resources team while coordinating with outside vendors including the designated AV and telecom companies. You will be configuring and setting up Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops, desktops, desk phones, tablets, printers, and performing conference room checks on AV equipment.
- Tackle/resolve complex issues in a global support environment and provide appropriate follow-up
- Fix/resolve and or raise network connection issues
- Setup and support mobile devices including Android and iPhone
- Endpoint management of Apple/Windows/Redhat/Ubuntu/Linux ecosystems
- Solve/resolve and or escalate AV issues
- Administer user accounts and VoIP phones
- Ability to configure, upgrade, and relocate ecosystem software and print devices
- Deskside support for employees who require immediate attention
- Perform software and hardware configuration across several platforms
- Document all incidents and requests with detail, accuracy for both accurate metrics and to help build a rich IT knowledge base
Your Professional Profile
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience supporting Windows or Macs in a business environment
- You will possess domain expertise in multiple areas of end-user computing technologies
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS X PC hardware installation and configuration
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily mentorship and bring mature top-tier skills when working with production systems
- Experience in deploying and supporting cell phones, phone systems, video conference equipment, and various wireless devices
- Expertise in supporting various local and network-based printing technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good communication, analytical, and leadership skills necessary for independent project work
- An innate understanding of the urgency and escalation of issues quickly when appropriate
- Solving problems of performance and/or malfunction of network hardware, desktop and laptop hardware, software applications, telephones, and Audio/Video to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Set up testing, operation, and tear down of audiovisual (AV) and video conference equipment if required for events. Ensure any equipment is stored appropriately
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management. Advance housekeeping issues to appropriate parties. Ensure compliance with safety standards
- Ensure high-quality customer service at all levels
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.