A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is looking for an outstanding Senior Human Resources Generalist to take a collaborative and customer-centric approach to the role. We are looking for a self-starter who has been successful supporting a People Partner team in a fast-paced, sometimes hectic environment. The ideal candidate will be a key part of executing the programs and services that contribute to Mozilla’s culture and employee experience. The role is ideally based in our San Francisco or Mountain View office, but we’d consider Portland for the right candidate.
- Support our team with day to day tasks and administrative processes
- Improve and build tools and templates to plan and implement people strategies aligned with strategic objectives
- Partner with our People Operations (Ops) team to design and implement consistent databases, filing, and access systems in order to oversee people processes and HR transactions. These transactions include onboarding, exits, performance management, employee engagement, compensation and bonus administration, and flexible work arrangements
- Maintain the team calendar and People Team intranet pages; schedule recurring cross-functional meetings
- Provide HR support and guidance, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items
- Find opportunities to improve processes, innovate, and lead or serve as a project or program’s Directly Responsible Individual on team-wide initiatives that are focused on process or program improvement
- Analyze metrics, trends, and data from various employee life cycle activities and projects to identify patterns that can help provide solutions, create/improve processes, and or magnify areas of concern for further assessment
- Serve as an operational subject matter authority which would impact operational design, reporting, or workflows
- Support the various People Team functions (People Ops, Total Rewards, etc.) during our compensation cycle by contributing to performance rating and compensation analysis and audits, promotion proposal and committee reviews, and talent and succession reviews
- Build and maintain highly effective partnerships with cross-functional teams such as Legal, Finance/Accounting, Payroll, Open Innovation, Workplace Resources
- Own the relocation transfer process in heavy partnership with our Benefits team
- Work closely with the People Partners to establish more impactful employee communications and practices and maintain a strong position in the cross-team development of an Employee Experience Model
Professional Profile and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Previous experience with HRIS and other HR Systems
- Experience working in HR Centers of Excellence is a plus
- 3+ years’ exposure to the Human Resources function
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity regarding compensation, payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display perseverance, positive and proactive work approaches, and dedication at all times – front line contact for employee issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is necessary, as well as meticulous and consistent follow up
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization
- Ability to address immediate employee needs while maintaining a view to long term goals and the organization’s vision and objectives with a continuous improvement approach
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed
- Occasional travel to various Mozilla Office Locations is required
- Formal Human Resources training and experience desired, including PHR Certification
- Experience with the following tools a plus: Workday, BOX, and DocuSign
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.