A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
* 2 positions available*
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a talented Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting, you will be responsible for the proper application of US GAAP, recording accounting transactions, performing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis. We are looking for someone who has strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, thrives on process and system improvement, and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team
As Staff Accountant at Mozilla you will...
- Execute monthly closing activities including preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Perform monthly reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts such as cash, corporate credit cards, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, deferred costs, leases, and accrued liabilities, in support of a < 5-day close cycle
- Collaborate and support Finance, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and other cross-functional departments
- Process Accounts Payable payments as assigned
- Perform analytical reviews, including researching variances between actual monthly expense activities and budget, as needed
- Assist with annual audit and tax return preparation, including foreign filings
- Assist in the preparation and review of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in Finance system enhancements and upgrades
- Performs other related ad-hoc projects, analyses and duties as required
Your Professional Profile
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years general accounting experience, private/public high-tech mix or Big 4 a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving
- Proficiency with Intacct ERP, Concur Invoice and JPM Banking experience is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Assist with special projects as required
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.