The Emerging Markets team is a fun lovin’ bunch of people dedicated to help design & build great products that make sense and bring joy to our users in emerging markets. The team is formed by members from multidisciplinary fields and we encourage creativity as well as critical thinking. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help explore new ideas in emerging markets. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, creative, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
This position will be based in the Taipei office.
As a Senior Product/UX Designer at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead the design for multiple projects, from research, concepting and validation, through documentation, implementation and launch.
- Partner with the product management, engineering, business strategy, marketing, community and other teams to move the design forward.
- Participate in field research and able to translate research insights into product design.
- Host design sprint & brainstorm workshops to generate concepts from a team of experts in different functions.
- Design prototypes and mockups to test and validate concepts.
- Create interaction/visual design specs and related design documents.
- Raise and resolve open issues that may prevent progress.
- Work closely with the broader team of designers to ensure your designs align across the broader product family.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide meetings that may happen in an unfriendly time.
- Communicate with global design teams and the broader community on design goals and status.
- Positive attitude and are flexible, pragmatic and open-minded.
Your professional profile...
- Great communication and facilitation skills for working with cross-functional and agile teams.
- Problem framing and solving skills as well as ability to rapidly generate, visualize and iterate design solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum three years of experience working on mobile interaction/visual design and a strong design portfolio.
- Advanced degree, or equivalent experience, in product interaction/visual design, human computer interaction, industrial design or related field.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Experience in designing across multiple device types and platforms is a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.