A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both ambitious and passionate about public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
The Brand Marketing Manager, Firefox Europe will be responsible for driving top of mind awareness and ensuring the Firefox brand is part of the pop-cultural dialogue in France, Germany and the UK. They will collaborate with the EU Brand Marketing Director and Marketing partners around the world to build strategy and execute those plans. They will also collaborate with a team of cross-functional marketers to identify regional market and consumer insights. These insights will help inform and build plans, content and programs to amplify product launches and cultural moments to improve how Firefox is perceived throughout Europe. Based in Berlin, this role will form a tight partnership with a program manager and cross-functional team of experts. They will set the overall brand expression, identify content themes, execute paid media campaigns, develop blog content, and build partnerships and agency relationships for the region.
The Brand Marketing Manager, Firefox Europe will...
- Be part of an agile, cross-functional Firefox brand marketing team, collecting regional insights, developing strategy and executing programs and content for Firefox in Germany, France and the UK
- Develop integrated brand marketing programs, in collaboration with the Marketing Director, that improve perception of Firefox and drive product usage
- Oversee European agencies in paid media and program execution
- Collaborate with product marketing to identify key product news and releases and co-create regional briefings to inform content and messaging.
- Co-develop content to share across markets that highlights that Firefox is a tech brand that has people’s best interest at heart
- Collaborate with North American brand marketing team to share common methodologies and work
- Provide brand tracking reports, analyse consumer data and unleash opportunities to connect with audiences across France, Germany and the UK.
- Support the execution of Firefox marketing programs in France, Germany and the UK
- Analyze program results and incorporate findings into program optimization
- Work with media agency to develop paid media strategy and plans
- Track record of crafting marketing programs that positively impact brand perception and consideration, including product launches, content marketing and events/partnerships
- Experience in executing marketing programs in multiple European markets/regions, in particular France and the UK
- Analytical skills and experience to connect insights and data into actionable messaging that connects with consumers
- Successful collaboration across time zones and cultural nuances
- Adaptation and application of global marketing strategy into European markets
- Understanding of online privacy and centralization issues
- Experience in content and partnership marketing
- Execution of events in Europe
- Integration of consumer and cultural insights with business priorities
- Ability to use a variety of measurement tools (e.g., global brand tracker, social media sentiment, paid media metrics, qualitative and quantitative research)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.