A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet. To that end, we are developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy.
To further our transformation, we are seeking a talented Senior Accountant to help establish a local accounting / controlling function across EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). In this role you will report directly to the Regional Controller for EMEA and be responsible for all relevant topics across multiple countries. You’ll also be working extensively across timezones with our HQ team, based in San Francisco. If you love building things, making an impact, and owning processes, this is a role for you!
- Perform monthly close, including relevant G/L entries for assigned countries
- Undertake consolidation for all EMEA entities, for reporting to US consolidated
- Assist with banking topics, including weekly payment runs, liquidity management, and reconciliation
- Initiate regular VAT / GST filings and maintain compliance checklists for all assigned countries
- Perform vendor management and accounts payable functions
- Track and maintain fixed asset registers
- Where needed, maintain relationships with local advisory teams on compliance topics (tax, other reporting)
- Search continually for process optimization
- Perform limited technical research within assigned areas
- Minimum 5 years progressively advancing experience. Past experience in a global organization a plus.
- Love for discovering new things; never satisfied with the status quo
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed team
- Highly organized and a clear communicator
- Experience in VAT, GST, and other compliance filings a plus
- Knowledge of local accounting rules; exposure to US GAAP a plus
- Experience in an ERP system, especially Oracle, NetSuite, or SAGE a plus
- Fluent in English and German
- BA / BS degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.