Are you passionate about mobile applications that enrich users’ lives? Do you want to build software for a massive audience? Do you want to think beyond a conventional Web browser and explore and build the future of the Web on mobile? We are looking for an iOS Engineering Manager to help make this happen.
As an iOS Engineering Manager:
- You lead a distributed team of 4-8 mobile software engineers.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is timely, high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Communicate your team’s goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines.
- Build an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- 5 years of overall relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience.
- Ability to successfully lead and ship mobile software projects on the iOS platform.
- Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Can take initiative in a loosely structured environment and lead your team to success.
- Capability to lead geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally have experience with some of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things. We’re excited to see:
- Experience with mobile product analytics and data driven decision making.
- Experience with the full mobile development cycle.
- Working knowledge with the Swift programming language.
- Working knowledge of iOS specific engineering practices.
Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our Toronto office.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.