Firefox Mobile iOS Intern
Mozilla is hiring a Firefox Mobile iOS Intern onto our technical teams.vOur headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but this opportunity is in our Toronto office!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features, improve Mozilla products, and explore new product directions. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, technically-curious, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects influenced by our family of Mozilla products in and outside of the Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, and mixed reality), Rust, Pocket, and more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate and someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects and make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream and boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, and painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, and Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders and fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from internship
- Work visa sponsorship
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application and Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, and we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, and Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- Process starts with a resume review followed by a HackerRank challenge (technical) or document submission (non-technical).
- Upon passing, you will partake in two technical and behavioral interviews with team members (coding and situational questions are fair game) followed by a hiring manager interview and ultimately, an offer decision.
We have a position open on the following team:
Firefox Mobile iOS Intern (Toronto, Canada)
The Firefox iOS team at Mozilla works on building the best mobile experience to access all the content the Web offers, in a way that embodies Mozilla values: openness, user choice, and privacy. We’re looking for someone to join us this summer in Toronto, to work with us on the Firefox iOS team. You will be implementing new features for mobile users, working with and maintaining a project with a large Swift codebase, and collaborating across other Mobile teams.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Must be graduating in December 2020 and onward
- Or a recent graduate from a Coding Academy (within the last year)
- Coding skills in Swift
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, HTML and JS)
- Experience developing iOS native applications
- Strong communication and social skills
- Reasonable fluency in and passion for technology
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.