Mozilla is hiring UX Design Interns onto our Firefox product team. Our headquarters are based in the Bay Area, but we also have opportunities at our offices in Toronto!
We are engineers, designers, makers, and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as the open source community, with a clear focus on making the Web better. Working with us, you’ll help build interesting new features, improve Mozilla products, and explore new product directions. To be part of the team, we ask that you be user centered, technically-curious, and excited to be moving the Mozilla mission forward.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects influenced by our family of Mozilla products in and outside of the Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, and mixed reality), Pocket, and more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate and someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects and make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream and boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, and painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, and Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders and fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend provided
- Flights and ground transportation to and from internship
- Work visas sponsored
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application and Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, and we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, and Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- The process starts with a résumé review.
- Next, some will be asked to submit a description of a project that they've worked on.
- Those moving on will partake in interviews with team members followed by a hiring manager interview and ultimately an intern offer decision.
We have 2 positions open on the following teams:
Firefox Product / UX Design Intern (Toronto, Canada)
Join Firefox UX to work within our passionate Desktop browser team. Help us improve people's browsing experience around the globe. You will collaborate with designers and engineers on refining existing features and adding new ones to our products. Your main focus will be to help us ship privacy and security features we are working on.
Firefox Product / UX Design Intern, Search (Toronto, Canada)
The Firefox Search team is responsible for creating the next generation of search experiences across our desktop and mobile products. We use tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Framer to design and test new ideas. We're looking for a User Experience intern to collaborate with Researchers and Engineers to design and test new search functionality.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
- Must be graduating in December 2020 and onward
- Skilled in UX Design Methodologies
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy for users, passion for using data to make product decisions
- Experience with user research techniques
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.