Mozilla is hiring a Legal Intern onto our team in San Francisco!
As a Legal Intern at Mozilla, you will work on cutting edge product, commercial, policy, and business issues at a company that creates products aimed at maximizing the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all, such as Firefox. We are a small, diverse, elite team of people working on complex and varied legal issues across the entire company. Your daily responsibilities will touch on multiple areas of law, from intellectual property, privacy, and litigation to contracts, corporate governance, and employment issues.
As a part of our Mozilla Internship Program, you will:
- Impact challenging projects influenced by our family of Mozilla products in and outside of the Firefox web browser (accessibility, voice design, developer tools, mobile, and mixed reality), Rust, Pocket, and more
- Be mentored by a fellow teammate and someone who shares the same values
- Do real work on real projects and make contributions that will impact hundreds of millions of users
- Participate in social events with your fellow interns (amusement parks, ice cream and boba socials, board game nights, escape rooms, and painting parties)
- Meet with Mozilla leaders including our CEO, Executive Chairwoman, CPO, Chief R&D Officer, CMO, and Executive Foundation Director
- Present your work to Mozilla leaders and fellow team members
- Market competitive pay
- Catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Housing service or housing stipend provided
- Flights and ground transportation to and from internship
- Work visas sponsored
- Attendance at our bi-annual All Hands Meeting
Application and Interview Process
- Recruiting begins in September, and we hire on a rolling basis through March. While there is no set application deadline, we do have a limited number of positions open each year, so please apply early!
- Locations include Mountain View, San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, and Paris. Please refer to our internship listings for specific locations offered by position.
- Process starts with a resume review followed by a HackerRank challenge (technical) or document submission (non-technical).
- Upon passing, you will partake in two technical and/or behavioral interviews with team members (coding and/or situational questions are fair game) followed by a hiring manager interview and ultimately, an offer decision.
We have a position open on the following team:
Legal Intern (San Francisco, CA and Mountain View, CA)
The legal team advises on legal risk to empower Mozilla to make brave, fast, smart, and practical decisions. As a Legal Intern, you will work on cutting edge product, commercial, policy, and business issues at a company that creates products aimed at maximizing the value of the open web as a global public resource for the benefit of all, such as Firefox. Your daily responsibilities will touch on multiple areas of law, from intellectual property, privacy, and litigation to contracts, corporate governance, and employment issues.
- Must be currently enrolled in a law degree (J.D. or L.L.M.) program at an ABA-accredited law school
- Must be graduating December 2020 and onward
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with how to access and employ a variety of resources
- Flexibility to help with all aspects of Mozilla's legal work
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.