We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to shipping great products. Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives, front line engineers, and cross functional partners?
The Firefox Engineering team is seeking a Program Manager who thrives on getting into the details and employing organizational skills to create and maintain a high-performing team. We are looking for a leader who understands software development and can collaborate closely with product, design, research, software engineering, QA, and other functional teams to help plan for and track deliverables, manage dependencies and risk, and report progress to multiple layers of the organization. The position is very hands-on and will require the leadership skills to guide the team as product requirements are documented and shared, engineering plans are developed, and software development and testing are completed to ensure the successful release of the product.
- 5+ years working in Project or Program Management
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management and cross-functional teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience building consumer desktop and mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, Jira, or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.