The Donor Care Assistant position at Mozilla is on the front lines of “customer relations” with our donors and potential donors, and is an important part of the Foundation’s fundraising strategy. As a first point of contact for thousands of supporters every year, this position helps raise millions of dollars annually, and plays a key role in growing and sustaining our base of financial support from grassroots donors.
The Donor Care Assistant will report to Mozilla's Lead, Fundraising & Email Strategy, and be based in our San Francisco office.
Mozilla Foundation Duties (50%)
- Scan, data-enter and deposit donations received via US mail
- Produce and send acknowledgment letters
- Batch imports of donations data from checks as well as other giving platforms (i.e. PayPal Giving Fund, Network for Good, SEPA transactions)
- Use independent judgment and research of donor history to find and pass along any promising major gift prospect leads to Major Gift Officer as appropriate
- Assist in the creation/editing of training documentation related to the process of resolving donor issues
- Occasional assistance with planning/organizing events for donors and prospects, or other fundraising-related tasks as needed
Thunderbird-Focused Duties (50%)
- Manage inbound case management system (Salesforce Service Cloud), track frequently asked questions/issues and (with assistance from Thunderbird team) assist in writing and editing standardized responses;
- Use transaction platforms (Stripe.com, Braintree & Paypal) to locate and resolve Thunderbird donation issues, detect patterns of fraudulent donations, refund or reject suspicious transactions, update donor records, and maintain block-lists of fraudulent donors;
- Follow up throughout the life of existing cases, intensified cases and confirm resolution;
- Run regular reports in Salesforce Service Cloud, share analysis and overall temperature for donor issues;
- You are passionate about the Mozilla Foundation’s mission and how technology can help change the world for the better
- You have a “client service” mentality and love the feeling of helping a customer or donor solve a problem
- You are very detail oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively in writing
- You are comfortable working at a distance / remotely using video, chat, and voice with team members and donors located all over the world.
- 1-3 years experience with fundraising/donor care and database work in a non-profit environment
- Experience working in multiple languages and/or with international donors
- Experience working with international donors and global currencies
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of common accounting and word-processing software (Excel and Word)
We can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.