A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to shipping great products. Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives, front line engineers, and strategic partners?
The Firefox Engineering team is seeking an exceptional leader who thrives on being detail oriented yet maintains a strong strategic perspective. As the Sr. EPM of Firefox Partnerships, you will co-create a highly cross functional Firefox Partnerships Program which will span potentially multiple software engineering teams, business development, legal, finance, design, data science, quality assurance, and other subject matter experts as necessary to help prioritize, manage, and track an ever-growing portfolio of partner-centric strategic initiatives. The position is very hands-on and will require a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle in both consumer and enterprise markets in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, and fulfilling product development process.
As a Firefox Sr. Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Support partner initiatives end-to-end: from inception to execution, through growth over time, and exit completed or cancelled initiatives efficiently.
- Synthesize input from partners to identify opportunities and gaps.
- Remove team impediments, pursue issues and risks, craft mitigation plans and bring them to the appropriate decision makers.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, empathy, and business acumen across multiple partners at one time.
- Develop joint business and marketing plans with partners to drive growth/engagement and ensure initiative success.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Drive on-going process improvements by leveraging industry best practices and improving upon standard program management methodologies to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strategically communicate information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify project deliverables that are stuck and drive them forward.
- 5+ years working in Project or Program Management for consumer software products.
- Track record of delivering tangible results with external partners.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management and cross-functional teams both inside and outside the organization.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- PMP and/or BRMP Certification or equivalent course work.
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, Jira, or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR (Objectives & Key Results) framework to track progress.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.