A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet open and accessible to everyone. We drive impact by building great products and services that provide safer, more private experiences and are built to protect people's rights online, not line the pockets of shareholders and corporate executives.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
The Firefox Content Manager will collaborate with product marketing and a number of cross functional marketing teams to develop engaging content that sets Firefox apart from other tech brands. This creator will glean key insights from popular culture and align them with Firefox’s brand personality, commitment to people’s privacy and product offerings and develop irresistible videos, blog posts, and other content programs. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Portland, this role reports to the Head of Social and Brand Experiences.
As the Firefox Content Marketing Manager:
- You will deliver a variety of content pieces, from blog articles and tweets to videos, infographics, emails and in-product messaging
- You will explore and test creative ways to engage and identify new channels to reach our target customers
- You will take results and turn them into insights that inform the strategy and execution of content
- You will own content success metrics and analytics and obsessively track and measure results, gather insights, and optimize content for conversion
- You deeply understand our prospective audiences and design compelling content opportunities against these personas
- You will translate product news into content, both written and video
- You will create assets that represent a radical and opinionated brand
- You will concept, script, and produce videos from start to finish
- You will research, write and manage blog posts
- Partner with social media team to develop ideas for social content
- You're a digital native with deep insights into what works and doesn’t on the various social platforms.
- 5-7 years experience creating compelling content from written work to videos
- Collaborates well across time zones and locations
- Understanding of online privacy and key internet issues
- Knowledge of pop culture and current events — and the ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity and empathy
- A creative mind that can shape content concepts for maximum effectiveness and brand voice representation
- Proven ability to originate story ideas and translate them into effective pieces
- High attention to detail when it comes to writing; strong editorial awareness and judgment in line with brand policies and editorial direction
- Ability to collaborate with designers, videographers, marketers, program managers
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects on fast-moving schedules
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines and priorities with flexibility and good humor
- Experience working in a distributed environment creating partnerships across disciplines
- Experience gaining buy-in from key stakeholders
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.