A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team focused on Revenue and GTM Finance. This role will report to our Director of Strategic Finance and partner directly with leaders in our sales, product marketing, revenue, and customer success organizations. The Sr. Financial Analyst will support P&L planning, management and reporting. In addition, the role will focus on in-depth financial and commercial analysis and modeling to support decision making for our GTM teams. Ideal candidates will have experience in commercial finance, preferably in technology and will have experience working with a sales organization.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst, Revenue and GTM you will…
- Create and maintain reporting that delivers accurate, insightful information to the management team with speed and reliability
- Design and execute analyses that support decision-making, uncover potential challenges, and explain complex outcomes
- Support the development of deal metrics to report trends in pricing, product, customer lifecycle, and commission targets
- Partner closely with Revenue and Marketing teams to set strategy around pricing and promotional initiatives
- Forward-thinking commercial finance experience in a dynamic sales partnering environment
- Strong analytical focus with business modeling and forecasting experience
- Be an effective and memorable presenter. Use storytelling with content and delivery to persuade and inspire teams to take action and prioritize resources.
Your Professional Profile
- Proven record of using quantitative and qualitative skills to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Expert Excel modeling skills (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc) – to develop complex and scalable models with sensible assumptions from large data sets
- Familiarity with combining and manipulating data tables and sets – joins, unions, etc.
- Ability to build high level 3-statement operating models and identify key sensitivities to investigate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or related field required with 6+ years of work experience.
- MBA or Masters a plus.
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you...
- Action-oriented. You get things done and can move quickly and smartly to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Analytical. You know how to crunch data in Excel and create compelling presentations. You're comfortable with numbers and how to use them to get results
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to chaos
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan insightful roadmaps
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.