A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet open and accessible to everyone. We drive impact by building great products and services that provide safer, more private experiences and are built to protect people's rights online, not line the pockets of shareholders and corporate executives.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
The Brand Marketing Director will collaborate with marketing partners around the world to develop a marketing strategy for the Firefox brand in the U.S. and Canada. This leader will guide a team of cross-functional marketers to devise and create content and programs that amplify product launches and cultural moments to improve the perception of Firefox throughout the U.S. and Canada. Based in the Bay Area or Portland, this role will form a tight partnership with a program manager in bringing exquisitely executed content including brand partnerships, social content, videos, blogposts, events and advertising to life.
As the North America Brand Marketing Director you will
- Develop brand marketing strategy and programs for North America, in collaboration with Sr. Director, that improve perception of Firefox and drive product usage
- Lead agile, cross-functional Firefox brand marketing team from strategy to execution on programs and content that improves the perception of Firefox in the U.S. and Canada
- Oversee agencies and partners in insights gathering, idea generation and program execution
- Collaborate with product marketing in identifying key product news and releases
- Develop content to share across markets that highlights that Firefox is a tech brand that has people’s best interest at heart
- Collaborate with Europe brand marketing team lead to share best practices and work
- Provide weekly updates on progress to marketing leadership
- Analyze program results and incorporate learnings into program optimization
- Collaborate with paid media manager in direction of media agency to develop paid media strategy and plans
- Track record of creating marketing programs that positively impact brand perception and consideration, including product launches, content marketing and events/partnerships
- Experience leading a marketing team that executes programs in multiple markets / regions
- Successful collaboration across time zones and cultural nuances
- Understanding of online privacy and centralization issues
- Experience in content marketing
- Execution of events
- Integration of cultural and consumer insights with business priorities
- Ability to leverage a variety of measurement tools (e.g., global brand tracker, social media sentiment, paid media metrics, qualitative and quantitative research)
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.