In this exceptional leadership opportunity, the VP of Data Science & Analytics will define, build and grow a data strategy and team to deliver best-in-class capabilities that will support Mozilla’s ambitious growth goals.
The individual will collaborate closely with the senior leadership team, providing technical vision, analytical support, and business intelligence to shape Mozilla’s roadmap for today’s and tomorrow’s internet ecosystem. In addition to planning for the future, the VP of Data Science and Analytics will enable swift and accurate reporting of technical and user metrics that inform critical product and strategy decisions, while ensuring adherence to Mozilla’s mission and operating principles. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with an ability to lead and manage in a very dynamic environment.
Mozilla is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a company-wide transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute.
As a Vice President, Data Sciences & Analytics, you are …
A World Class Team-Builder:
- Build a high performance, responsive team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts that is able to harvest and synthesize data quickly and accurately
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding user needs and pain points, and propose roles that data science can play to further this goal
- Develop an investment strategy to define, grow and maintain an exemplary data management organization
A Visionary Leader In Applying Data and Data Science:
- Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout Mozilla; Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally
- Develop and implement strategies to support ongoing data management needs, such as governance, technology shifts, and regulatory compliance changes
- Define and drive the strategy for investments, working closely with key business analytics leaders, and executive management
An Organizational Enabler:
- Participate heavily with Mozilla’s executive team, help set business strategy, represent product data science, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, and marketing to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Partner with data engineering team, technology architects and software developers to empower our lines of businesses with robust business intelligence
- Provide timely turnarounds on data requests for “one-off” activities, such as acquisition, partnership analyses and new product initiatives
- Provide technical leadership where suitable to support colleagues throughout the Mozilla organization
- Implement a measurement and tracking system that enables departmental performance benchmarking
Your Professional Profile
- 15+ years’ experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a global technology company
- Deep technical background with a MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field
- Experienced in a complex, cross-functional organization where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines
- Passionate to innovate solutions, delight users, and inspire colleagues
- Commitment to values that align with Mozilla’s overarching mission and principles
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management, and continuous improvement champion
- Experience in data-oriented due diligence within the context of M&A transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you…
- Have strong technical domain know-how to coach and grow the team
- Have a strong builder mentality, can bring order to chaos, and know how to effectively “bring people along”
- Bring positive influence on culture and value for Mozilla’s data practice
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan insightful roadmaps
- Mentor and coach team on career paths
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.