Mozilla is looking for a creative business and product leader, with experience building things developers love, to help us advance our mission to build a better Internet. Do you care deeply about creating products that help developers do their work and also keep the web open and accessible? Are you searching for a role that has significant strategic impact?
The Sr. Manager, Developer Products is a hands-on senior role, charged with building a business, not just a product. You will be responsible for providing both the business thinking and the product strategy and connecting it all into a comprehensive roadmap that delivers value to our developer audience.
Specifically, you will ideate on, cultivate and improve a portfolio of developer-facing products spanning education/training, documentation, tools, and services. You will guide our product thinking as we conceptualize and evaluate ideas for new revenue-generating products while also ensuring MDN Web Docs remains at the center of our strategy and continues to be a free and open documentation resource developers globally have access to and love.
In this role you will lead a distributed global product team responsible for all phases of the product life cycle. You, and your team, will build business plans, set product strategy, define execution plans and roadmaps, guide product design and development, and create go-to-market plans that produce value for our audience and drive adoption, satisfaction, and growth.
Does this sound like the kind of deeply impactful work you want to pursue in your next endeavor? If so, we'd love to hear from you and add your talents and initiative to our team.
- Oversee the building and maintaining of developer products that are highly valued and adopted by their communities.
- Define and communicate a comprehensive vision and business strategy that clarifies the future direction for our products and helps others across our organization see the value we can create for our users. Partner cross-functionally with other product teams to align messaging and strategy for shared audiences.
- Create business and marketing plans that can be translated into product strategies that deliver richer, differentiated offerings to our technical audiences, meet financial goals, and are set up to scale.
- Create and manage a comprehensive, end-to-end plan by connecting all aspects of the developer journey with requirements and audience value
- Align team and stakeholders on product requirements, release plans, and roadmaps. Make decisions.
- Inspire innovative thinking and risk taking.
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- Define measurable objectives and key results that clearly articulate what success looks like. Provide monthly and quarterly project updates to executives on progress against goals.
- Lead and mentor a small, globally distributed product team, who are responsible for the product lifecycle from concept through launch, including identifying target audiences and segments, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, building product roadmaps, and designing workflows and UX, and partnering with engineering on development and launch.
- Understand and empathize with the needs and frustrations of web developers and designers. We don’t envision programming as part of this role, but understanding developers is key.
- You have been in a leadership role and create compelling business, strategy and GTM plans for new and existing products.
- You are comfortable explaining your thinking and plans across all levels of an organization and can explain concepts in a way that enables the team to understand what they are doing and why. You are able to anticipate and navigate potential resistance and political pushback.
- You are collaborative, insightful, and foster an inclusive environment where all team members feel heard, are engaged, and enjoyably challenged.
- You have significant experience establishing enterprise-level corporate relationships in the software developer space.
- You have experience building, growing, and engaging developer communities.
- You have worked on high volume websites or online platforms and have shipped web-based products for developers. You understand the developer ecosystem and developer workflows. E-commerce or membership experience is a bonus.
- You have set understandable, compelling, and measurable goals and/or OKR’s and can distill them into clearly defined deliverables while also being realistic about what is achievable in a given time frame.
- You are familiar with agile/scrum/kanban development methodologies.
- You are knowledgeable about design, user research, UX/UI, and modern software development practices and are adept at accounting for them in your strategy and roadmaps. You identify potential setbacks and roadblocks and prompt for solutions to mitigate and resolving them.
- It is helpful for you to have experience working on a remote or distributed team
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll be working in the developer relations team, working alongside the folks who create and maintain MDN, work on events, and do outreach directly with tech audiences around the world. You’ll report to the Director of Developer Relations. Our team is mostly remote and meeting hours tend to span the Central European to the Pacific time zones (early evening in Europe/UK, morning on the West Coast of the US).
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.