The Hubs by Mozilla team is looking for a part-time Community and Events Manager who is excited about the possibilities of social VR on the web. This role will work with the team to define and implement strategies for community engagement on the platform and support external users who are working with Hubs.
Hubs is a web-based collaboration platform for mobile, desktop, and VR users to meet in shared 3D spaces as avatars. The platform is open source and the team is active on our official Hubs Discord server. The Community and Events Manager will work with the Product Manager and development team to plan and run weekly virtual meetup in Hubs, maintain dynamic, balanced communities by posting regular content and responses on Twitter, Discourse, and the blog. Provide the team with updates and feedback from the community to help the group make product decisions and prioritize issues.
We are looking for a Community and Events Manager who is:
- Familiar with 3D applications (e.g. games, virtual / augmented / mixed reality) and passionate about the possibilities about applying them to communication & teamwork
- Comfortable working with communities on Twitter and Discord
- Able to create delightful, “on-brand” content for social media to highlight new features and bring awareness to the platform
- Enthusiastic about supporting creators, developers, and users of the Hubs platform
As the Community and Events Manager:
- You will create social media content for Twitter related to new features and team meetup events.
- You will assist with the creation of engaging text, video, photo, and gif content for use in Hubs marketing materials.
- You will establish a schedule for weekly Hubs meetups, setting up the Hubs room before events, streaming the meetups to the Mozilla Reality Twitch account, and writing recap documents of the meetups with notable takeaways, observed bugs, and attendee count.
- You will regularly engaging with and support users in the Hubs Discord server and related public servers that have use Hubs
- You will capture and present regular product feedback and insights from the community to the product team.
- You will seek out and surface opportunities for increased engagement and opportunities to reach new communities and contributors
Other projects for the Community and Events Manager could include:
- Working with Mozilla’s Tech Speaker community to assist with how we engage a wider developer community and speak about Hubs to different community audiences
- Develop training materials and content for Hubs - for example, crafting video tutorials
- Working with Open Innovation to launch challenges, campaigns and activities to increase community activity and engagement
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.