A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
The Enterprise Information Security team at Mozilla is responsible for strategic security capabilities and prevention, detection, and response on security across Mozilla systems and people. We are seeking a hardworking leader for this high-impact team for their continuous success and strategic journey ahead.
In this role, you will work with the VP of IT and help the Enterprise Information Security team to lead security services and improve the security posture for Mozilla, build and deliver security tools and solutions to elevate our enterprise security capabilities, and partner with teams across the broader Mozilla organization to enhance overall security posture and capabilities.
We are currently executing a 3-year strategy aligned with the Mozilla transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with us.
As Director, Enterprise Information Security at Mozilla you will…
- Lead and be responsible for enterprise information security services including threat management, endpoint security, access management, application security, data security, detection, risk assessment, and incident response.
- Own the development of the enterprise information security strategy and technical roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall enterprise and Mozilla’s strategic plans.
- Curate security open source programs and collaborate with the IT security community at large.
- Build the security architecture vision, capabilities and solutions with the team and stakeholders.
- Ensure thoughtful planning and timely execution on the security program portfolio including budget and resource prioritization.
- Lead a team of technical experts, guide and empower them to plan, design, implement & operate enterprise information security.
- Act as a trusted advisor, and build and maintain relationships with other leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of security needs.
- Proactively collaborate across Mozilla on security insights and security enhancement, crossing organization boundaries.
- Cultivate the broader enterprise security community through an open source security program and community engagement activities.
Your Professional Profile
- Senior leadership experience in providing security engineering and services.
- 10+ years of relevant hands-on experience in security services with experience in leading and driving major security programs with repeated success.
- 8+ years in people management and direct experience of leading 10+ people comprised of multiple teams, and proven ability to develop and mentor team members under your leadership.
- Experience running security across cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.
- Comfortable with open and direct communication in a transparent culture, balancing differing opinions with organizational goals.
- Proven ability to apply standard methodologies and standards to security operations.
- Experience defining technical security policies, requirements and designing controls to carry out those policies.
- Experience leading multi-functional collaborative teams for project execution.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to business partners.
- Experience working on the offensive side of security (Red Teaming, etc.).
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you:
- Bring value and a positive influence to culture.
- Have good technical domain know-how to coach and strengthen the team.
- Challenge the status quo and plan insightful security roadmaps.
- Mentor and coach the team on their career paths.
- Demonstrate Mozilla’s value system: being culture carriers for shipping, ownership, hacking, inventing, and curiosity; data-driven decision-making with agility, intention, and quality; collaborative execution via engaging stakeholders, inspiring ideas/perspectives, and translating strategy into deliverable results with a strong team.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.