A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is looking for an exceptional senior level People Partner with a collaborative and innovative approach to HR to join our team. You will contribute to Mozilla’s success by acting as a strategic partner, coach and advocate for employees as the “go-to” HR leader and doer for assigned geographies and leaders. Based in our Berlin office with main responsibility for Europe, and coverage for North America, as needed.
Drives Business Performance with Talent in Focus – You are a doer who pushes boundaries of excellence to break down barriers, get to yes, and do so with urgency and integrity. Continuously thinking about our customers, employees, and the business, while accepting personal accountability for driving results. Committed to bringing value, identifying and realizing opportunities to achieve results for shareholders and partners.
Creates a Compelling Future – You have a clear impassioned vision of how to bring Mozilla’s unique core strengths and combination of assets to life, and motivating our employees with clear conversations on where we are going and why.
Inspires and Develops Talent – You understand that every employee has a stake in Mozilla’s success, and leading employees to engage their hearts and minds to develop their skills to become their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving teams.
Cultivates the Mozilla Culture – You model Mozilla's mission and guiding principles in everything you do with a proven sense of collaboration, openness, and diversity of thought. Taking the time to share the stories that make us who we are, welcoming and integrating all employees to build a place where each of us can be ourselves, belong, and drive results.
- Create and implement (in collaboration with key leaders) strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support the achievement of Mozilla and team objectives. Key participant in developing strategic and people plans which build management capability.
- Apply a thorough understanding of client functional work and relevant business operations in order to balance HR and business priorities while executing key HR strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborate with leaders and teams to enhance team performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Partner with business on organizational diagnosis, design, talent assessment and change management strategies and tactics.
- Engage and influence senior management to support and implement HR initiatives across the organization including Total Rewards.
- Own the development and implementation of systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing across the organization in support of business strategies.
- Work with partner groups to update and apply policies and procedures consistently across the business.
- Proactively work with client group and HR leadership to propose and drive new HR initiatives that align with business needs and show innovation in the HR space.
Bachelor’s Degree in either HR, Business, or relevant social science fields. Master's degree in those areas strongly preferred.
Your Professional Profile
- 6-8+ years’ experience as an HRBP, or HR Manager where you were directly working with and supporting executives and their teams with measured and proven results.
- Strong solutions focus, ability to quickly identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Experiences where you excelled in conducting objective employee investigations with high degrees of empathy and care.
- Excellent connector who collaborates, problem solves, and can help celebrate wins while learning from mistakes and always keeping the team in mind.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with a high level of ambiguity.
- Balance the day-to-day responsibilities of an HRBP with leading impactful HR Projects.
- You thrive when focused on leadership development, OD, change management, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
- You build lasting and meaningful relationships with your internal business clients and employees.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment