A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Looking for a creative, hardworking, team player individual. This is a full-time position in a busy environment. This position will be located in our Berlin office; manager is located in US.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly global payrolls in accordance with all payroll schedules
- Responsible for delivery of a net pay on time
- Focused on quality and accuracy of payrolls
- Running special payroll runs
- Responsible to manage employee records (new salary, bank details, address change etc.); ensure changes are entered correctly and on time
- Staying in compliance with Country/s regulations
- Process terminations
- Handle questions from employees regarding payroll
- Processing of garnishments
- Responsible for employment verification
- Working closely with Human Resources and Legal teams to ensure proper flow of employee data
- Run reports from different systems (WorkDay) in order to process payrolls accordingly
- Performs filing and upkeep of employee payroll records
- Some experience with the local Country/s audit processes
- Payroll system improvement and maintenance
- Ad hoc duties and special projects as requested
- Min 5 plus years in a Payroll position, EMEA
- Knowledge of ADP Streamline is a plus; experience with Aegon system
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel
- Familiar with WorkDay, ADP systems
- Knowledge of local Social Security, taxes and employment legislation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Good communication skills in English and German
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly new systems/software
- Ability to interact appropriately with all team members, managers and employees all levels
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment