Why join Mozilla engineering?
Learn: Code review at Mozilla includes pushing to passionate contributors around the world. Building Firefox and its family of products requires knowledge up and down the stack, and extremely high standards for security and optimization. Beyond the browser, we’re developing AR/VR, IoT, and voice recognition products that respect and protect privacy.
Grow: We’re dedicated to helping every team member develop. We give engineers trust and responsibility from day one, offer generous stipends for learning opportunities, and provide mentorship, especially around key leadership skills like collaboration and clear, kind communication.
Make Your Mark: We’re small but mighty, challenging the biggest behemoths on the internet with a staff the size of their marketing departments. That means every engineer can have an outsized impact on products that touch tens of millions of users—ultimately influencing how the entire internet works.
The Ecosystem QA team is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to own testing efforts for Premium Services.
You should be an experienced, organized, detail oriented person with a passion for quality and continuous improvement. You should have experience working with test automation and cross functional testing. If you have an aptitude for problem solving and are eager to take ownership of exciting new projects, we’d love to talk to you!
About the Position
We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced Senior Test Engineer who will be responsible for testing new Premium products for our growing team. At Mozilla we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too.
You’ll need a solid background in and understanding of testing, matched with excellent automation skills. The Ecosystem QA team is working on many new and exciting projects that greatly impact the future of Mozilla - your role will play a fundamental part of that success.
You will work alongside product and engineering groups and advance testing efforts that are key to building engaging and inclusive products. You’ll be driving standards and best practices, influencing design decisions, and ensuring quality products. You will coordinate testing for products, and create test automation to support it.
What you’ll do:
- Enjoy the challenge of delivering quality products in a dynamic environment
- Design, build and test strategies and processes
- Write and execute test plans and test automation
- Support and maintain projects from development into production
- Advocate for the value and integration of testing into project planning and execution
- Effectively partner with developers, project management, IT, Ops and Marketing
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a test engineering role
- 2+ years working on test automation, including but not limited to websites and APIs
- Proficiency in python and experience working with Selenium
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on collaboration
- Confirmed ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Detail oriented within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Affinity for open environments and collaboration
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with services, sites and apps that support millions of users
- Experience with creation of test automation for billing and payments
- Experience working with AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working with CI and Docker
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.