We are seeking a hardworking Program Manager who is committed to shipping great products to a consumer market. Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers?
As a Firefox Engineering Program Manager you are an extraordinary leader who thrives in getting into the details and using your organizational skills to help create a high-performance team. We are looking for someone to lead in a highly multi-functional role spanning multiple engineering teams that support our Firefox product ecosystem. Close collaboration with product management, software engineering, design, research, QA, and other teams will be necessary to help prioritize, lead, and track deliverables. The position is very hands-on and will require a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, and fulfilling product development process.
As a Firefox Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span software development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Anticipate program risks and establish a risk management system for mitigation and avoidance.
- Drive ongoing process improvements by using industry best practices and improving upon standard program management methodologies to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strategically communicate information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify project dependencies that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Build consensus across a highly matrixed organization.
- 5+ years working in Project or Program Management for consumer software products.
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) and the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Comfortable communicating with executive management and technical teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience building consumer desktop and mobile products. Systems-level programming experience would be useful.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, and Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla’s mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. An Internet that truly puts people first, where individuals can shape their own experience and are empowered, safe and independent. Mozilla is a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. They believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future.
It all started with the Mozilla Project, an open community passionate about creating free software that would enable people to have a choice in how they experienced the Internet. The project in turn created the Mozilla Foundation, an independent not-for-profit that would always put the people who use the web first. They began by making a new type of web browser, what we know today as Firefox, and the foundation for the web as we know it began to appear. With excitement building up for their mission and success, the Mozilla Foundation created the Mozilla Corporation, their arm for products, technology, innovation and the organization behind the new products and modern versions of legacy products we use and love today. From user privacy, to mobile, to apps and identity, Mozilla’s pushing beyond the boundaries of web to build a generation of web makers, and this is why tens of thousands of volunteers help build Mozilla’s products and hundreds of millions use them. Internet for people, not profit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.