Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness through products that drive innovation in technology and ensure the continued prosperity of the Internet. WebAssembly is an integral part of Mozilla's product future, used by millions of people and thousands of developers globally. With efforts like WASI that take WebAssembly outside of the browser, we are looking for a Product Manager who can drive the team’s use and development of this fast, open, and safe technology and help people make the most out of the Internet.
As a Technical Product Manager for WebAssembly you will:
- Own the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Mozilla's use of WebAssembly in its products
- Maintain a deep understanding of the WebAssembly developer communities and act as their internal representative to facilitate product advances
- Grow the use of and support for WebAssembly within the Firefox product portfolio, identifying potential market opportunities
- Define product requirements and drive those successfully from concept to shipping, and maintain them over the life-cycle of the products
- Build positive relationships across UX, product, and engineering teams to launch highly-engaging product experiences
- Develop portfolio metrics, objectives, and key results for Mozilla’s use of WebAssembly
- Coordinate with the rest of the Firefox team to develop organizational roadmaps and dependencies
- A passion for and expertise with development platforms and technologies with a particular emphasis on performance and security
- Minimum 5 years of technical product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to extract insights from petabyte-scale data sets
- Experience managing the development of public-facing APIs strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning Rust
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.