Mozilla’s Firefox Operations Security Team is looking for a Security Engineer to increase the security of our Firefox services, particularly our upcoming billing and subscription services. We are looking for someone with strong web application security skills, experience implementing cloud services and preferably payment systems, and a deep understanding of fraud detection techniques. You’ll be hardening our environments by working closely with the teams responsible for engineering and hosting backend services for Firefox. You will provide hands-on technical engineering of our fraud detection pipeline to support an ever-growing set of services and application environments.
Most importantly, you will become a core member of the team responsible for protecting Firefox, and keeping Mozilla's users safe on the Internet.
As a security engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Run security reviews and audits of new and existing services
- Develop and implement a fraud detection techniques to detect payment fraud and subscriptions abuse
- Own the adoption of modern authentication, authorization and cryptographic techniques
- Automate security testing and auditing to prevent regressions and catch issues before they reach production
- Work with developers and operators across the organization to keep the Firefox backend infrastructure safe
Your Professional Profile
- You have a passion for crafting security controls into the core of complex systems
- You have worked on, or close to, PCI compliant environments
- You're a strong communicant who's not afraid to cross team boundaries to get projects to succeed
- You have fortified cloud infrastructure, built security at all levels of the stack, defined security perimeters, implemented cryptographic algorithms, access controls, account management, etc
- You're comfortable working in both software engineering and operational teams, and have a complete understanding of Agile and DevOps principles.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a security engineering role is required. A B.S. in Computer Science would also be lovely.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
If our team sounds like a good fit for you please send us your resume with a cover letter. Tell us about why you're interested in Mozilla and this position. If you contribute to any open source software, or maintain a blog, Twitter, or similar online presence we'd love to hear about it.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.