At Mozilla, data is the primary mechanism for making decisions. Analytics and experimentation are the core of our business. Our team is committed to answering the question - how do we build and maintain the internet as a public resource? We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to help us resolve how. We could use your help.
The Analytics Manager will partner with Product, Marketing, and Operations leads across Mozilla to develop a team focused on growing growth, improving operational efficiency, and influencing short and long term strategy through critical thinking and analytics problem-solving. You are a top-tier manager of individual contributors, skilled project coordinator, an inquisitive thinker who is keen to practice analytics. You lead by doing and believe in peer mentoring professional development models. Your professional experiences as both a doer and manager range from multi-stakeholder analytics projects to developing statistical methodologies for multivariate testing. You have strong interest in honing your leadership and technical skills further. You strongly believe that data and analytics can lead to insights that can guide the future of Mozilla’s business. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization to guide a team of analytics professionals to see beyond the numbers and understand how our worldwide user base experiences our products.
As a Manager on Mozilla’s Analytics team, you will be:
You'll be working with a hardworking group of analytics, data scientists, engineers, and developers both paid and volunteer, to make the Web a better place, and impact the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of users.
- Inspire and lead a small team of analysts to develop premier data products
- Prepare for and lead weekly deep dives into market and program performance while developing actionable dashboards for internal partners
- Partner with business, marketing, and product teams to deliver insight and an understanding of customer behavior.
- Synthesize data to drive deeper understanding of Firefox platform activity.
- Understand key business priorities and marketing goals and create a supporting analytics roadmap
- A Master’s or higher degree in business, computer science, math, physical, life, or social science is desirable
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing individuals, teams, projects, and analytics products (think production dashboards)
- Experience working as a web developer or closely with web developers; you understand the culture, needs and desires of developers and can translate that insight into programs and product features developers love.
- Ability to craft stories to senior leadership about the performance of the business from a portfolio of metrics
- Experience working in a distributed, open-source oriented culture is a plus
- A global perspective on how to conduct research and understanding of cultural nuances
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently or collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team.
- Ability to write and speak English well.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally be familiar with one (or more) of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things.
- Extensive experience with web analytics implementation (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Core Metrics, Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten, tealium, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Experience with workflow management tools (JIRA, Aha!, Taiga)
- Experience with third party reporting tools/platforms (Google Data Studio, Tableau, Pentaho)
This position will be in our Mountain View, CA office
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above and have something else to bring to the table, please reach out to us and let us know.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our offices in the U.S., Canada, and Europe or home-based in those countries. You have work authorization in one of these countries. We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes child care assistance.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.