At Mozilla, data is the primary mechanism for making decisions. Analytics and experimentation are the core of our business. Our team is committed to answering the question - how do we build and maintain the internet as a public resource? We are collecting and processing terabytes of data a day from hundreds of millions of users to help us resolve how. We could use your help.
The Analytics Manager will partner with Product, Marketing, and Operations leads across Mozilla to develop a team focused on growing growth, improving operational efficiency, and influencing short and long term strategy through critical thinking and analytics problem-solving. You are a top-tier manager of individual contributors, skilled project coordinator, an inquisitive thinker who is keen to practice analytics. You lead by doing and believe in peer mentoring professional development models. Your professional experiences as both a doer and manager range from multi-stakeholder analytics projects to developing statistical methodologies for multivariate testing. You have strong interest in honing your leadership and technical skills further. You strongly believe that data and analytics can lead to insights that can guide the future of Mozilla’s business. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization to guide a team of analytics professionals to see beyond the numbers and understand how our worldwide user base experiences our products.
As a Manager on Mozilla’s Analytics team, you will be:
You'll be working with a hardworking group of analytics, data scientists, engineers, and developers both paid and volunteer, to make the Web a better place, and impact the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of users.
- Inspire and lead a small team of analysts to develop premier data products
- Prepare for and lead weekly deep dives into market and program performance while developing actionable dashboards for internal partners
- Partner with business, marketing, and product teams to deliver insight and an understanding of customer behavior.
- Synthesize data to drive deeper understanding of Firefox platform activity.
- Understand key business priorities and marketing goals and create a supporting analytics roadmap
- A Master’s or higher degree in business, computer science, math, physical, life, or social science is desirable
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing individuals, teams, projects, and analytics products (think production dashboards)
- Experience working as a web developer or closely with web developers; you understand the culture, needs and desires of developers and can translate that insight into programs and product features developers love.
- Ability to craft stories to senior leadership about the performance of the business from a portfolio of metrics
- Experience working in a distributed, open-source oriented culture is a plus
- A global perspective on how to conduct research and understanding of cultural nuances
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data, multi-task, and produce results independently or collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team.
- Ability to write and speak English well.
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains. You should ideally be familiar with one (or more) of the areas listed below, and be interested in learning new things.
- Extensive experience with web analytics implementation (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Core Metrics, Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten, tealium, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Experience with workflow management tools (JIRA, Aha!, Taiga)
- Experience with third party reporting tools/platforms (Google Data Studio, Tableau, Pentaho)
This position will be in our Mountain View, CA office
If you have different experiences and skills from the ones listed above and have something else to bring to the table, please reach out to us and let us know.
Mozilla is a global organization, and this role is available in our offices in the U.S., Canada, and Europe or home-based in those countries. You have work authorization in one of these countries. We support flexible work hours, paid professional development, and have a wellness program that includes child care assistance.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.