Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a talented Senior Director of FP&A, Product & Technology, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. In this role, you will translate concepts, develop strategy, implement change, create programs responsive to the external environment and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
Mozilla Finance is developing and implementing an organizational plan aligned to a 3-year transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team.
As a Senior Director of Finance, Technology & Investment you will…
- Be the primary owner, working closely with the CFO, to establish and implement analytic framework (model) and business case template to evaluate, approve and monitor technology spend and product development projects
- Create governance structure and process to ensure approval and timely progress of product and technology investment
- Provide technical financial leadership in planning, directing, and integrating all aspects of budgeting, reporting, and analyzing activities for the Product, Technology, and R&D groups
- Provide financial guidance and operational analysis to assigned functions
- Support leadership team in the preparation of budgets, operating plans, investment strategies, and manpower planning
- Establish and maintain systems for analyzing and reporting operating results to functional and corporate management teams
- Lead & consolidate client’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, including completing the necessary analysis, templates, and reports + drafting the presentation
- Lead Strategic Plan (Strat Plan) financial scenario modeling and overall financial / key metric projections
- Recommend performance targets for AOP, and ensure that plans are in place to deliver on agreed targets
- Proactively identify performance to Client issues and provide options on how to mitigate
- Provide finance leadership and expertise to high impact cross functional projects. Direct the resolution to complex or unusual business challenges
- Identify opportunities and drive projects to improve business processes and business support
- Lead, motivate and develop talent within the organization including, but not limited to, immediate direct reports by coaching, counselling, engaging, and evaluating team performance\
- Maintain a leadership role in a variety of business initiatives supporting simplification, FP&A metric conformance, business growth or productivity.
Your Professional Profile
- Finance leadership experience in a complex multinational organization
- Minimum 5-year in technology industry with solid experience in product development cycle, new product introduction, and significant growth investment portfolio
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management and continuous improvement champion
- Subject matter expert in multiple verticals in the finance and accounting discipline
- Experience in M&A or banking in due diligence, deal structuring, and ability to review complex financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Exceptional team leadership skills and ability to develop, engage, and evaluate team members
- Bachelor degree in finance or business with 10+ years’ experience
- MBA preferred
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you...
- Bring positive influence on culture and value for Mozilla Finance
- Have strong technical domain know-how to coach and grow the team
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to chaos
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan insightful roadmaps
- Mentor and coach team on career paths
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.