Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology nonprofit super-powered by a worldwide
group of volunteers, and with a mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open
and accessible to all. We drive impact through our products, technology and people by
advocating for individuals’ online lives and on their behalf for the health of the Internet.
As Copywriter for the French market, you will work with the Firefox marketing team in Berlin to
develop and adapt creative and content using agile, continuous learning methods. You’ll write
original content from blog posts to video scripts, social posts and advertising banners, identify
and translate global stories, web pages and campaigns, and review key touchpoints written or
translated by others to ensure consistent tone and content. In doing so, you’ll become the owner
of the Firefox brand voice in France.
This role is full-time contract position, based in Berlin, reporting to the Head of Copywriting.
● Draft original French content for Firefox, both to improve brand perception and to grow
the monthly user base — including digital advertising, email, blog and social posts,
snippets, web pages, video scripts — that’s culturally relevant and tone-appropriate for
the French market
● Collaborate with Managing Editor to identify global stories that can be transcreated for
France, and French stories that would work well globally
● Review and edit key touchpoints written by others for tone and content
● Collaborate with English copy team to name products, concept campaigns, and keep an
eye on the high-level marketing that might need to be adapted into French
● Help evaluate and improve the process for localizing content, and execute some
● Review and edit key touchpoints translated by multiple partners for appropriate tone and
● Develop and promote the tools that guide translation of content in French
● Participate in user testing and SEO optimization for French website copy
Your Professional Profile
● 7+ years experience in advertising copywriting, journalism, content creation or related
● 5+ years experience in the technology field
● Demonstrated ability to craft marketing that improves product experience, increases user
base, and brand equity
● Ability to pitch work-in-progress ideas and present final work to a diverse set of partners
and draw inspiration from their feedback
● Experience working collaboratively and in the open using Google documents
● Self-motivated to prioritize projects, set appropriate expectations with partners, and meet
● Experience publishing your own content in a blog, on a site, or in print
● Ability to write in a variety of styles with an ear for modern, conversational French
● Proficient at French - English cross translation and English-to-French transliteration
● Proficient in German and English
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.