Mozilla is looking for a senior product marketing manager to work closely with product management, engineering and other stakeholders to design and implement product positioning strategies for experiments and new products. Experience in formulating product marketing strategy, research and experimentation, and successfully implementing validated strategies for consumer technology products is required.
Mozilla is looking for a seasoned product marketer to develop the product marketing strategy for experiments and new product. With millions of users already using Firefox as a springboard, you’ll be working to bring new products and experiences, not only these existing consumers, but work to extend our brand and values to new audiences, with the full benefits of an established global brand and well-resourced company behind you.
As the senior product marketing manager for new products, you will contribute to the overall messaging and positioning for each audience and market. You’ll be expected to create strategy and goals to inform your partners in the product, acquisition, and life cycle teams to validate new concepts; and drive growth and retention for users features that find product/market fit.
In addition to contributing towards global marketing efforts for new products, you will also aid in driving insightful product decisions by representing and advocating for the needs of users throughout the product life cycle. You will work closely with product management, engineering, business development, creative and communications teams.
General Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities at Mozilla:
- Develop strategic, insight-driven marketing strategy recommendations, demonstrating a deep understanding of the competitive marketplace and industry trends.
- Define messaging and positioning that will inform marketing partners deliver effective campaigns for products and services including advertising (online and offline), SEM, PR, social media, and retention.
- Maintain touch-points with users both on Mozilla-owned websites and in-product.
- Coordinate communications with each product/experiment release.
- Report product market performance to the community and leverage insight to optimize future efforts.
- Are an experienced consumer + software marketer that always advocates for the user.
- Love discovering new apps and services and stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Whittling down complex feature sets into clear product positioning and messaging is your jam.
- Fearless, entrepreneurial, curious, collaborative, willing to take risks.
- 5+ years in product marketing, with mastery level experience in managing marketing programs consumer software.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed team.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines. Collaborate with team members across the global Mozilla community to help facilitate and influence their efforts.
- Highly organized, and an awesome, clear communicator.
- Proven communication skills with management, at all levels, including executive leadership.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to analyze data and research to create strategic roadmaps. Analyzes and significantly improves existing processes and practices.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus.
- Candidate is proficient in consumer software and distribution; web and desktop touch points. Candidate is also knowledgeable in Emerging Technologies; Marketplace Platforms; Premium/Premium Services; and Google Analytics.
- Fluent in one language, in addition to English, a plus.
- Typically requires a university degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees across the organization.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.