The Mozilla Firefox Platform Graphics team is a community of engineers who care deeply about the visual experience of using the browser. We are the team responsible for rendering the content and UI of the browser, decoding images, canvas and WebGL, painting and compositing everything you see on the screen. Are you an effective Engineering Leader who loves collaborating with smart, committed engineers to help bring the Open Web to millions of people? We'd love to hear from you.
As a Platform Graphics Engineering Supervisor at Mozilla, your job will be to assist the Graphics Engineering manager to make the Graphics team even stronger. You will help lead part of the team that designs and develops Firefox features that all of our users see. You’ll also be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications, building prototypes, solving problems, and analyzing data.
As the face of Mozilla's management structure, your job is to deliver on the team's commitments to Mozilla while also delivering on Mozilla's commitments to your team.
As an engineering supervisor, you will:
- Supervise 2-4 engineers initially and partner with the Graphics Engineering Manager and Graphics Engineering Tech Lead to grow the size of the Graphics team over time
- Hold regular 1-1’s with your team to discuss both execution of technical work and professional development; provide direct and honest feedback, perform semi-annual performance reviews and make salary recommendations
- Lead efforts to triage and test priority bugs, communicate potential issues and key blockers to the team and work towards resolution
- Assist with implementing features and enhancements that improve Firefox competitiveness in the Graphics space
- Write clean, performant, open source, and standards compliant code and participate in code reviews with your team
- Collaborate with the Graphics Engineering Manager to improve upon team management, schedule estimates, project execution, communication with internal and external teams, and team growth
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance as well as the personal satisfaction of knowing you are championing the Open Web that we all depend on
- 1 year experience as manager or strong desire to move into management position
- Current or prior experience as a developer, ideally in C/C++ or Rust
- Proven creative problem-solving
- Project or program management experience
- Test engineering experience and/or experience collaborating closely with testing engineering teams
- Working experience with high-performance rendering systems or 2D and 3D graphics is a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.