A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet open and accessible to everyone. We drive impact by building great products and services that provide safer, more private experiences and are built to protect people's rights online, not line the pockets of shareholders and corporate executives.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
Mozilla is looking for a seasoned product marketer to develop the product marketing strategy for the European market. With tens of million users already using Firefox, you’ll be working to bring new products and services to not only these existing consumers, but work to extend our brand and values into new lines of products and services, with the full benefits of an established global brand and well-resourced company behind you.
As the lead product marketing manager for European markets, you will contribute to the overall global messaging and positioning for each of our new applications and services, including those under the umbrella of Firefox accounts. You’ll be expected to create strategy and goals to inform your partners in the product, acquisition, and lifecycle teams to validate newer concepts; and drive growth and retention for users of the applications and services that find product/market fit.
In addition to contributing towards global marketing efforts for the product, you will also aid in driving insightful product decisions by representing and advocating for the needs of users throughout the product life cycle. You will partner with product management, engineering, business development, creative and communications teams.
General European Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities at Mozilla:
- Develop strategic, insight-driven global marketing strategy recommendations, demonstrating a deep understanding of the competitive global marketplace and industry trends.
- Lead internal and external partners toward high impact product launches
- Define messaging and positioning that will inform marketing partners to deliver effective campaigns for products and services including advertising (online and offline), SEM, PR, social media, and retention.
- Maintain touch-points with users both on Mozilla-owned websites and in-product.
- Coordinate communications with each product release and communicate the value of product features.
- Report product market performance to the community and leverage insight to optimize future efforts.
- Collaborate with your US-counterparts and partners around the world to activate, engage and retain all our users while growing conversions for Firefox in France, Germany and the UK.
- Experience as part of a European consumer + SaaS marketing team that executes programs in multiple markets / regions that always advocates for the user.
- Successful collaboration across time zones and cultural nuances
- Adaptation and application of global marketing strategy in European markets
- Understanding of online privacy and internet issues/concerns within each region
- Love discovering new apps and services and stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Whittling down complex feature sets into clear product positioning and messaging is your jam.
- Fearless, entrepreneurial, curious, collaborative, willing to take risks.
- 5+ years in product marketing, with mastery level experience in managing marketing programs in SaaS.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed team.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines. Collaborate with team members across the global Mozilla community to help facilitate and influence their efforts.
- Highly organized, and an awesome, clear communicator.
- Proven communication skills with management, at all levels, including executive leadership.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to analyze data and research to create strategic roadmaps. Analyzes and significantly improves existing processes and practices.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus.
- Candidate is proficient in Consumer SaaS with mobile; web and desktop touchpoints. Candidate is also knowledgeable in User Generated Content; Marketplace Platforms; Freemium/Premium Services; and Google Analytics.
- Fluent in several languages, in addition to English, a plus.
- Product positioning and messaging, including creating data collateral, including case studies, evaluation guides, white papers, competitive marketing assets
- Qualitative customer research and market intelligence and understand the market landscape.
- Typically requires a university degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees across the organization.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto and Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice
- Wellness programs—we reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child and elder care, mental wellness, and personal enrichment