Mozilla is a category of one: a global technology not-for-profit super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet a healthy public resource for all. By building great products, creating innovative technologies, and engaging people to take action, we create an outsized impact in the world. We always place people ahead of profit.
Mozilla wants you to help fight for an Internet that’s open and accessible to everyone. We fulfill that mission as both a corporation and a non-profit organization, blending technology with advocacy, policy and education.
As our new Front End Web Developer in Mozilla Corporation’s Marketing department, you will build elegant, open web applications that make the web more inclusive for millions of people around the globe. You will be a trusted source, willing to speak up, have a good team attitude, and be comfortable with minimal direction and rapidly shifting priorities.
You will join a small empowered team and will work alongside UX, Creative, Marketing and Product. Best of all, your career knowledge will deepen with access to some of the best developers and research in the industry. This position is available for hire in our Portland, Oregon office.
Sound exciting? Send us a brief cover letter and resume highlighting how you fit the following:
- Work efficiently without close supervision and be self-motivated.
- Solve problems with new technologies and showcase developing technologies in your work.
- Sketch diagrams and visualizations for your technical solutions.
- Provide accurate time estimates for engineering tasks.
- Take pride in writing reusable, readable and pragmatic code.
- Receive and process feedback.
- Perform constructive code reviews.
- Communicate positively with the larger Mozilla community.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2 – 4 years of web development experience.
- Strong grasp of modern web standards (HTML5, CSS3, DOM).
- Experience with UX and progressive improvement, responsive design, and accessibility.
- Experience with revision control systems (svn, git, hg).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 1 – 2 years of experience with programming languages like Python, PHP or Ruby.
- Experience with template tools, like Jinja2, Django, Smarty.
- Experience with Canvas and SVG.
- Experience working with localization and global communities.
- Experience working on high-traffic websites.
- Experience using an issue tracking system (like Bugzilla) to track tasks.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.