Mozilla is in a category of one: a global technology social enterprise super-powered by a worldwide community of volunteers, with a mission to keep the internet open and accessible to everyone. We drive impact by building great products and services that provide safer, more private experiences and are built to protect people's rights online, not line the pockets of shareholders and corporate executives.
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocating for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
The European Brand Marketing Director will collaborate with marketing partners around the world to develop a marketing strategy for the Firefox brand in France, Germany and the UK. This leader will guide a team of cross-functional marketers to devise and create content and programs that amplify product launches and cultural moments to improve the perception of Firefox throughout Europe. Based in Berlin, this role will form a tight partnership with a program manager in bringing exquisitely executed blog posts, brand partnerships, social content, events and advertising to life.
As the European Brand Marketing Director you will
- Lead agile, cross-functional Firefox brand marketing team from strategy to execution on programs and content that improves the perception of Firefox in Germany, France and UK
- Develop brand marketing strategy and programs for Europe, in collaboration with Sr. Director, that improve perception of Firefox and drive product usage
- Oversee European agencies in insights gathering, idea generation and program execution
- Collaborate with product marketing in identifying key product news and releases
- Develop content to share across markets that highlights that Firefox is a tech brand that has people’s best interest at heart
- Collaborate with North American brand marketing team lead to share best practices and work
- Provide weekly updates on progress to marketing leadership
- Oversee execution of marketing programs for Firefox in France, Germany and UK
- Analyze program results and incorporate learnings into program optimization
- Collaborate with paid media manager in direction of media agency to develop paid media strategy and plans
- Track record of creating marketing programs that positively impact brand perception and consideration, including product launches, content marketing and events/partnerships
- Experience leading a European marketing team that executes programs in multiple markets / regions
- Successful collaboration across time zones and cultural nuances
- Adaptation and application of global marketing strategy in European markets
- Understanding of online privacy and centralization issues
- Experience in content marketing
- Execution of events in Europe
- Integration of cultural and consumer insights with business priorities
- Ability to leverage a variety of measurement tools (e.g., global brand tracker, social media sentiment, paid media metrics, qualitative and quantitative research)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.