Mozilla IT is responsible for strategic capabilities and day-to-day productivity of Mozilla systems and people; including connecting Mozilla with millions of users and powering 10,000+ volunteers and developers in the Mozilla community.
We are seeking a talented Director, IT Infrastructure Services to help us boost productivity with great IT services that wow Mozillans and drive innovations we would be proud to share with the world. You will use your proven skills to wrangle strategic initiatives into deliverable capabilities and coach your team to grow. You will help keep Mozilla productive through delivering services people love, removing friction with empathy and automation, and continuously driving engagement and innovative service improvements.
Mozilla IT is executing a 3-year strategy aligned to the Mozilla transformation strategy. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team.
As Director, IT Infrastructure Services at Mozilla you will…
- Manage and be responsible for the IT Infrastructure services including network engineering and operations, infrastructure engineering and operations, end user services, and audio/video/event engineering and operations.
- Drives the mission of Global Infrastructure Services, fostering a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement, workforce productivity and a positive infrastructure service experience; reliable, enjoyable, secure, compliant to best practice.
- Leads the development of the Infra Services service strategy and technical roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall enterprise strategic plans. Works with the VP of IT on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Manages a team of technical professionals, guides and empowers them to plan, design, implement & operate Infra Services, and ensures its integration with the overall enterprise strategic plans.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other Engineering leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms including service automation, machine learning in operations and edge computing and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced in Infra Services.
- Directs the development of an Infra Services sourcing strategy and provides oversight for strategic global vendor and partner relationship management working with in-direct procurement team. Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop an Infra Services "talent strategy" that aligns with the current and future business strategy.
Your Professional Profile
- Senior leadership experience in leading and providing IT infrastructure services with direct experience covering at least 2 domains. Ideal candidates will have broader domain experience know-how.
- Experience in leading and driving major infrastructure services programs with repeated success.
- Experience in managing sizable team with 8+ years in people management and leadership role and direct experience of managing 30+ people composed of multiple teams.
- Experience managing infrastructure across multiple datacenter locations, including considerations around providing virtualized compute, storage, and networking to engineering staff
- Previous experiencing delivering highly reliable network services, such as WiFi and internet transit, to its in-office employees as well understanding the unique needs of a large remote workforce
- Experience managing mission critical services with high service-availability track record.
- Ability to lead, manage, and work with a geographically distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable seeking service feedback and proactively discussing improvement opportunities with ability to follow through.
- Comfortable with open and direct communication in a very transparent culture, balancing differing opinions with organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and mentor engineers under your leadership
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices and standards to service operations
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you
- Bring positive influence on culture and value for Mozilla IT.
- Have strong technical domain know-how to coach and grow the team.
- Have great empathy for service consumers and know how to run quality services.
- Keep challenging status quo and plan insightful service roadmaps.
- Mentor and coach team on career paths.
- Demonstrate Mozilla value system: being culture carriers for shipping, ownership, hacking, inventing, and curiosity; data-driven decision making with agility, intention, and quality; collaborative execution via engaging stakeholders, encouraging ideas/perspectives, and translating strategy into deliverable results with strong team.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.