At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and resourceful individual to join as a Brand Partnership Manager in the NYC or SF Bay Area to help take our thriving sales efforts to a new level. You should have a consistent track record of building new business opportunities through inside sales, prospecting and supporting the outside sales team. This is a fabulous opportunity with a direct growth path to an outside sales role within an innovative, growing and dynamic organization.
What you’ll do:
- Actively prospect for new clients and opportunities across Fortune 500, mid-market, Direct Response and SMB sectors
- Directly sell media, content marketing, native advertising and content research programs across Pocket’s network of media and newsletter assets and achieve assigned quotas
- Understand client needs and present relevant solutions
- Develop and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Understand market dynamics and how Pocket fits into the digital media and content research landscapes
- Track, analyze and communicate performance of advertiser campaigns on Pocket
- Keep up-to-date and detailed records of sales activity through a CRM solution
- Present client feedback to Pocket product and marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet client goals
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of related work experience in inside sales, client services or sales support roles within the digital media industry
- Self starter that is extremely organized with strong time management skills
- New business expert, managing a high volume of calls and meetings per week
- Strategic, consultative sales approach with the ability to understand client needs, create meaningful solutions, set proper expectations and close deals of all sizes
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Deep understanding of native advertising and content marketing
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.