As Senior Director of Data Science and Analytics you will set the vision and strategy for Mozilla’s data teams - ensuring that our data work is directly linked to increases in operational efficiency, the integrity of our products, and the experience of our customers..
You will use your experiences in the data field(s) to lead our data science and analytics teams as they seek to build data storage and reporting layers that allow for the creation of well curates dashboards, standard reporting, and analysis - all capable of modeling product and business decisions..
In this role you will also advocate for the responsible storage and collection of user data as well as build Mozilla’s ability to be an external thought leader.
We are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in data science, analytics, or business intelligence in a large platform company (software)
- Strong understanding of the platform business model and the ability to connect that understanding to the development of action focused reporting, analyses, experiments, and models.
- Knowledge of experimental methodologies relating to product feature development, return estimation, web optimization, search engine optimization, and search engine marketing.
- Knowledge of best practices and the ability to build consensus across Mozilla’s data teams on opportunities related to user privacy and user data collection.
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills that will ensure the continued growth of a world class team of data leaders, data scientists, and analysts.
- The ability to provide strategic and KPI focused oversight and direction to various teams around the development of experiments, visualizations, reports, predictions, best practices, and communication plans to improve the impact of their insights and analysis.
To be successful here you must be able to:
- Proactively and reactively support product and business needs to predict, analyze and improve upon the services we offer to our customers.
- Have a gift for creating and communicating the narrative around data insights to various stakeholders throughout the company
- Uphold the highest data quality standards with a keen focus on protecting user privacy and transparency
- Successfully connect analytics to business and product impact to mitigate operational risk and increase ROI.
- Work effectively across policy, legal, marketing and business in addition to finance, product and engineering teams
- 10+ years of experience with strengths in two out of three key areas: Business intelligence/analytics, data science and data engineering
- At least 3-5 years of management experience with a proven track record of leading a team of analysts and/or scientists
- Passionate about data quality and consistency
- Demonstrated execution of outcomes against objectives and deadlines
- Strong analytical intuition and business acumen
- 10+ years of diverse analytics experience on end-to-end customer-level data
- Proven experience in leading a team of analysts and/or scientists
- Strong passion in uncovering strategic opportunities and solving business problems
- Proficient with modern data science or analytics toolchains
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in data gap assessments, requirements and infrastructure implementation
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Masters in a quantitative discipline
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.