Based in Berlin, Germany, as the in-region senior executive you will champion and develop strategies and execution plans to drive user growth and engagement through partnerships, distribution and localized product experience while also developing new revenue streams. You have an astute awareness and understanding of the local Internet ecosystem, market and technology trends in Europe primarily in Germany and France with secondary focus in the UK and Poland. You possess an extensive network of executive level contacts at established and emerging companies in tech, publishing, network operators and/or services. You understand the local cultural nuances and user needs, and will champion how Mozilla and our products present themselves to the industry and users in the regional markets.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong strategy and business development background, combined with broad knowledge in how products are brought to market. Extensive experience in identifying, negotiating, and executing large scale and complex strategies and partnerships is required. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think critically about business models and operational requirements, with the ability to build and present compelling business case and partner value proposition, and garner consensus and support cross-organizationally. You have a personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic, won’t take no for an answer and detailed–oriented individual.
What you’ll do:
- Champion what is required to be successful in the key, prioritized EU markets.
- Qualify, structure, negotiate and execute on distribution, product, technology and revenue partnerships
- Develop strategies to grow meaningful share of Firefox (desktop and mobile) through distribution and product differentiation, in close collaboration with our product, engineering and marketing teams
- Drive revenue and product related projects from ideation, business case, validation and feasibility testing to commercial launch
- Apply rigorous and consistent framework for evaluating the economic and strategic costs and benefits of new business and partnership opportunities
- Identify and track relevant metrics of success
- Collaborate closely with both internal stakeholders (products, engineering, privacy, engagement) and Mozilla community to get sufficient buy-in and support
- Track and report on emerging trends, new business models and investment opportunities
- Develop thesis’ on potential acquisitions and investments in support of business objectives.
Your professional profile:
- Creative, out of box thinker, able to get around obstacles with finesse
- Demonstrated ability to structure and negotiate strategic deals
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Deep understanding of the mobile and Internet ecosystems
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies
- Self-starter and rapid learner who thrives in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work through ambiguous and unbounded problems
- Track record of originating new concept/business models and commercialization of those models
- Online monetization experience a plus
- Previous experience in a product marketing or product management role a plus
- Passion for Mozilla and its mission/values
- 12-15 years of general management or business development experience in a consumer Internet or mobile company
- Strong network of executive level contacts in the Internet and mobile industries
- Consistently meets and exceeds quantified goals
- Experience with modeling and data analysis
- Experience in sourcing and executing on acquisitions in the technology sector a plus
- Investment banking and venture capital background a plus
- BA/BS degree.
- Fluency in German both written and spoken, French is a plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.