At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
We’re looking for a passionate, driven Account Manager to help us grow our ad business across Pocket’s entire platform, while delivering excellent customer service to our brands and partners.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device. If you are passionate about working at a company that is looking to massively scale its content sponsorship business while using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket’s ad business.
You’ll work directly with our Sales, Customer Service, and Product Teams to grow and improve our advertising business. You’ll also be the primary point person for all client inquiries - making recommendations on all aspects of the ad campaign: including modifying copy, pacing, & targeting parameters, along with analyzing ongoing campaign performance to make each campaign perform at its best during the entire time it runs across Pocket.
Additionally, you will be focused on providing flawless execution, managing & prioritizing deliverables from multiple teams, and working with our internal Sales team to identify a path to campaign delivery based upon client objectives and constraints.
You will see campaigns from planning to launch and provide a heavy hand in activation and post campaign activities. Our clients rely on the judgment of our Account Managers, and this role is crucial to the success of a repeat campaign and long term client relationships and Pocket’s ultimate revenue success.
Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
- Manage pre-sales planning & operations
- Conduct research to identify clients that would be suitable for outreach based on competitive analysis and general market trends
- Advise Sales in the development of compelling, cross-platform media and content research programs and pitch decks in response to RFPs by analyzing market & product trends to make recommendations on how the Sales team can best position Pocket as a “must-buy”
- Work with our tight-knit, collaborative team to work on RFPs, campaign set-up reporting, and post-campaign activities by making recommendations on how to position Pocket and creating campaign proposals by analyzing internal Pocket data
- Manage post-sales ad delivery and program operations
- Make ongoing recommendations to clients to optimize the ad campaign based on client KPIs
- Provide superior customer service through professional and attentive support to all internal and external client inquiries: including making recommendations on how to change ad copy, targeting, or pacing to set up the campaign to meet client-specific KPIs
- Internally, you will also provide recommendations to the product team on how to evolve the design of ads in Pocket and features to build in our ad serving technology stack based on your synthesis of client feedback.
- Manage ad trafficking and campaign optimization for media campaigns
- Develop campaign performance reports for media campaigns
- Coordinate and lead internal and external campaign kick-off calls to establish campaign timelines, deliverables and success metrics.
- Present client feedback to Pocket product and marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet client needs
What you already have:
- 2-4 years of related work experience in client services, ad operations or sales support roles within the digital media industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical mindset - using Excel to create reports and charts shouldn’t scare you
- Ability to understand client needs, create relevant solutions, set proper expectations and communicate important details
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of native advertising and content marketing
- Strong presentation development skills (Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Dynamic, hard-working and highly organized approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter that is well organized with good attention to detail
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly communicate with clients to get them the information they need in a timely basis
- Experience working with ad servers a plus
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.