Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join us and help bring Mozilla’s vision for the web to life. Our team builds and maintains scalable, high availability systems that millions of people use every day. We’re looking for a leader that is passionate about building awesome teams, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping quality software. Our services are open source and this role requires collaborating with both the open source community and other teams at Mozilla.
Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
What you'll do
- Lead a geographically distributed team of 4-6 software engineers building our Subscription Services platform and ensuring smooth integrations with relying parties
- Report to a senior manager
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members, and exposes them to new opportunities
- Communicate your team’s goals, the scope and risks of your projects, and own the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines
- Anticipate the right mix of capabilities required for your team to be successful, and recruit and hire new people as needed
- Be rewarded with growth and leadership opportunities for strong performance.
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to employees regarding system architecture, solution design, code quality, test development, career development, community building, communication style, and work-life balance
- Work collaboratively with many teams including product, design, UX, QA, operations, and data analysis
- Be an advocate for the web
- Consider analytics and data when making decisions
What we're looking for
- At least four years of experience writing code on a software team
- At least one year of experience as a tech lead, team lead, or manager
- You are able to successfully lead and ship complex software projects on time in a loosely structured environment
- You have a desire to grow and learn as a manager, grow and develop others, and get results through others rather than personal technical proficiency
- You can resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- You can communicate clearly and are able to develop positive relationships with others, regardless of their rank or role
- You are proficient with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution
- You can hire, coach, motivate, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own
We value a variety of voices. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience with product, performance, and stability analytics
- Experience with building and running services in popular cloud infrastructure platforms, e.g., AWS, Azure, or GCP
- International and domestic payments experience
- Experience with high availability systems and websites
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.